Scholars International Group has been providing high-quality education to children for over 45 years. We are committed to offering exceptional schools that nurture the growth of future leaders. The founders of SIG are graduates of Georgetown University and the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
Since the establishment of our first school, Dubai Scholars Private School, in 1976, followed by Scholars International Academy in 2007, and most recently Clarion School in 2016, our mission has remained consistent—to enrich the educational provision for children in the UAE.
We are delighted to announce the upcoming launch of our flagship nursery, Early Explorers, at the prestigious Al Zahia Community in September 2023. As the newest addition to our group, we are thrilled to offer exceptional early education in this esteemed community.
Our nursery is conveniently situated in the newly established Al Zahia community, at the intersection of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road and University Road in Sharjah.
To access the location, please click on the following link: https://maps.app.EE Nursery
Early Explorers Nursery is the flagship nursery of Scholars International Group, a well-established school group in Dubai with a 45-year legacy of providing education to children in the UAE.
Since our inception in 1976 with Dubai Scholars Private School (Al Qusais), followed by Scholars International Academy (Sharjah) in 2007, and Clarion School (Al Qouz) in 2016, our commitment to enriching education in the UAE has remained unwavering. Early Explorers Nursery, our newest addition located within the prestigious Al Zahia community in Sharjah, further strengthens our mission.
Purposefully designed and equipped with high-quality resources, our nursery offers open spaces that support children’s development and foster their love for learning. Our dedicated team of passionate educators ensures a nurturing environment where each child has tailored opportunities for play, discovery, and exploration to meet their unique needs. This approach seamlessly prepares your child for their next chapter of schooling, fostering confidence, curiosity, and a passion for learning.
We focus on key areas that form the foundation of a well-rounded education:
- Communication skills
- Physical development
- Personal/social/emotional development
- Understanding of the world
- Mathematics concepts
- Language development
- Expressive Arts and Design
Our class size will vary depending on time of the day/week but the number of adults to children will never be less than 1 to 7.
At our nursery, we enroll children between the ages of 1 and 4 years old.
Children are placed in classes based on the following age groups:
- Infants: 1 – 2 years old
- Toddlers: 2 – 3 years old
- Foundation Stage (FS1): 3 – 4 years old
Each class is led by a dedicated Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher in each class. In addition, we have roving helpers who provide support wherever needed to assist the children.
All of our teachers are qualified and SPEA approved, with Lead Teachers holding a minimum qualification of CACHE level 3 and Assistant Teachers holding a minimum qualification of CACHE level 1.
In addition to their qualifications, our nursery staff and teachers have extensive experience in the field of childcare. We value the diversity and experience of our international staff, who bring a rich blend of cultural backgrounds and expertise to our nursery. We firmly believe that this diversity enhances the learning environment and enables us to provide a well-rounded educational experience for our students.
Yes, there will be continuous teacher PDs throughout the year. This will include health & safety, safeguarding as well as program PD. Much of the PD will be coordinated through Scholars International Academy, our affiliate school.
5-day and 4-day model:
All pricing is in AED and on a yearly basis (a one-time non-refundable registration fee of AED 500 will be charged to all the new children joining the nursery).
For 5 days a week option:
- 8 am to 1pm – 28,000
- 8 am to 3pm – 32,000
- 8 am to 6pm – 42,000
For 4 days a week option:
- 8 am to 1pm – 25,200
- 8 am to 3pm – 28,000
- 8 am to 6pm – 37,800
To access the Termly and Monthy pricing, please click the link: https://early-explorers.com/nursery-fees/
* Yearly fees are inclusive of uniforms (AED 400), medical and insurance fees (AED 500) – this is an Early Bird Offer valid till August 31, 2023.
Drop and Shop Facility:
Our nursery offers a convenient ‘Drop and Shop’ facility, providing a safe and supervised environment for children to play and explore, while parents can enjoy shopping in the mall. The fee for this service is AED 90 per hour.
The nursery will offer holiday camps during Summer, Spring and Winter holiday camps and during mid-term breaks. The pricing for these holiday camps will be as follows (pricing is in AED/week):
- 8am to 1 pm – 800
- 8am to 3 pm – 1000
- 8 am to 6pm – 1200
Yes, all children will be registered on SPEA’s portal.
Yes, the nursery children will wear comfortable uniform made of breathable cotton. It consists of an orange T-shirt and blue shorts or skorts. Wearing uniforms ensures safety and promotes a sense of equality among the children.
The uniform pricing is AED 400, which includes two full sets, one cap, and one pair of socks.
* Yearly fees are inclusive of uniforms, medical and insurance fees – this is an Early Bird Offer (valid till August 31, 2023).
We follow the EYFS curriculum:
- The EYFS curriculum is designed and based on the philosophy of learning through play. Play will be planned purposefully, enhancing, and building essential learning skills such as critical thinking, risk-taking, social development and creative skills which are the foundations of life-long learners.
- Children will play an active role in shaping and enhancing their learning experiences through child-initiated activities and topics/projects. This leads to high levels of involvement which in-turn leads to higher levels of learning.
- All staff are fully qualified early years practitioners.
- Children’s assessments are completely informal on entry into the nursery. Assessments allow our staff to understand your child needs to plan learning and to help your child develop. These assessments will include observations around the prime areas of the EYFS curriculum:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Communication and language
- Assessment fees – no assessment fee for children enrolling into nursery.
Yes, the nursery topics and projects will incorporate enrichment trips that enable all children to develop greater understanding through meaningful experiences. Trips will be within close proximity.
- Children will receive a 10% sibling discount when joining the nursery.
- No assessment fee for the nursery sibling joining SIA.
- There is no assessment process when transitioning from the nursery to SIA, ensuring a smooth transition for your child. The nursery teacher will provide the child’s assessment and reports to the SIA admissions team, facilitating the continuity of their educational journey.
Yes, we provide transport if the area is within our coverage. Additionally, we will consider introducing new routes based on parental demand for a particular area.
At our nursery, the safety of our children is our number one priority. We strictly adhere to the guidelines provided by the Sharjah Roads & Transport Authority for bus regulations and protocols. All parents utilizing the bus service are required to sign a bus contract upon enrolment.
Furthermore, we prioritize the training and expertise of our bus drivers and bus guardians (female attendants). They undergo professional training in accordance with the standards set by the RTA, equipping them with the necessary skills to provide a secure and comfortable transportation experience for our children.
Yes, at our nursery, Music, Art, and Sports are integral parts of our nursery program.
At Early Explorers Nursery, we offer a wide range of ECAs during nursery hours to enhance our students’ learning and development. These activities encompass both indoor options such as karate, robotics, dance, and toddlers’ gym, as well as outdoor activities like soccer and mini athletics. Our ECAs are conducted by certified professionals who are approved by the Sharjah Sports Council and SPEA. We firmly believe that these activities play a significant role in fostering the holistic growth and well-being of our students.
At Early Explorers Nursery, the health and safety of our children is our number one priority.
We have implemented comprehensive safety protocols to maintain a secure environment at all times:
- All of our staff members are fully trained in safeguarding children and hold the necessary certifications. Additionally, they kept up to date with the health and safety policies and procedures.
- Security cameras are strategically positioned throughout the interior and exterior of the nursery.
- Parents and guardians must present their Parent ID card anytime they enter the campus.
- Children are only allowed to leave the nursery if they are accompanied by their parents or guardians.
- If someone ‘not authorized’ will be picking your child, they will be allowed to do so if the parent has notified the nursery manager/teacher in writing along with a copy of their ID.
- We ensure well planned spaces with rounded corners and soft surfaces.
- Our full-time registered nurse oversees the health, safety, and wellbeing of all our children at the nursery.
Rest assured that we take every measure to create a safe and secure environment for each child in our care
- Copy of Child’s Birth Certificate
- Coloured passport-size photographs of the Child
- Copy of Child’s Passport with UAE Residence Visa
- Copy of Child’s Emirates ID
- Copy of updated Immunization/Vaccination record
- Medical Consent and Declaration Form
- Copy of Parent/Guardian’s Passport with UAE Residence Visa
- Copy of Parent/Guardian’s Emirates ID
These documents are necessary for the enrolment process and to ensure the safety and well-being of your child at our nursery.
To Apply Online, please click the link: https://early-explorers.com/apply-online/
At Early Explorers Nursery, we are dedicated to nurturing and building a strong personality for each child. We offer a range of activities designed to foster their development and self-expression. Through engaging in activities such as music, role play, and drama, children have the opportunity to explore different roles, express themselves creatively, and build confidence. These experiences contribute to the development of their personality, helping them grow into well-rounded individuals.
We offer a diverse range of engaging activities that are continually adapted to suit the needs and interests of all children. Our indoor and outdoor activities include Drama Time, Fun Cooking Class, Story Time, Music and Movement Time, Splash Pad, Sensory Play, Clay or Playdough Sculpting, and Yoga and Stretching etc.. These activities are carefully designed to stimulate learning, creativity, and physical development, ensuring a fun and enjoyable experience for the children across all year groups.
At our nursery, your child’s health and well-being is our top priority.
- If your child becomes ill while at the nursery, we have a comprehensive monitoring system in place. We will closely observe your child and promptly contact you with updates. Additionally, our full-time registered nurse oversees the health, safety, and wellbeing of all our children at the nursery.
- If your child is unwell, please inform us by telephone or email. Please note that fees for days missed due to sickness cannot be refunded, as we have staffing commitments to maintain.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of all children and staff, we have a policy that prohibits the attendance of children with contagious illnesses. In such cases, a doctor’s clearance will be required before your child can return to the nursery.
We kindly request your cooperation in refraining from bringing sick children to the nursery. By adhering to this policy, we can ensure the well-being of everyone in our care. Your understanding and support in this matter are greatly appreciated.
At our nursery, we prioritize maintaining effective communication with parents to foster their active involvement in their child’s development. We use email, our communication app, and weekly newsletters to provide regular updates on your child’s class and nursery activities.
Social media platforms are also utilized to share powerful learning moments and achievements.
Our dedicated teachers and staff are committed to promptly addressing your inquiries and concerns. Through these communication channels, we foster a supportive environment that nurtures your child’s growth and sets them up for success.
Yes, it is possible for children to join during the middle of the term. In such cases, the tuition fees will be calculated on a pro rata basis for that specific term, depending on the child’s joining date. Additionally, a registration fee of AED 500 is required for children joining at any time during the academic year.
At our nursery, we promote healthy eating habits and encourage parents to pack food that is convenient for their child to handle and eat. This can include items like sandwiches, pasta, rice, yogurt, and fruit and vegetable snacks. However, please be aware that we have a policy in place that prohibits the consumption of sweets, chocolates, fizzy drinks, and similar items within the nursery.
Please note that we do not dispose of any unconsumed food. Instead, we send the leftovers home with the children so that parents can stay informed about what their child has eaten throughout the day.
At our nursery, we prioritize the safety and security of all children. Therefore, we have stringent entry and exit protocols in place, with strict access control measures:
- To ensure the safety of all children, it is important for parents or guardians to sign their child in and out each day. Punctuality is crucial, as early arrivals or late pick-ups can impact the adult-to-child ratios in the nursery.
- Parents and guardians must present their Parent ID card anytime they enter the campus.
- Children are only allowed to leave the nursery if they are accompanied by their parents or guardians. If someone ‘not authorized’ will be picking your child, they will only be allowed to do so if the parent has notified the nursery manager/teacher in writing along with a copy of their ID.
By following these protocols, we maintain a secure environment and ensure that only authorized individuals have access to your child. Your cooperation and adherence to these procedures are greatly appreciated.
Parents are required to pack a small bag with essential items to ensure their child’s comfort and well-being throughout the day. The bag should include water, milk, a hat, sunscreen, a snack or meal, and a spare pair of clothes.
Additionally, parents can bring diapers, creams, wipes, and spare clothes to the nursery for storage. If your child has any special comforters or items that provide comfort, they are also welcome at the nursery.
Yes, we offer Arabic and French language classes to our children twice a week.
Yes, for children who stay post 1pm, we provide a designated rest time or a quiet story time.
Parents can make payments through cash, cheque, or our convenient online payment portal, Zenda. Zenda enables our families to pay nursery bills with pay-now and pay-later options, unlocking rewards whenever our families pay. If you have any questions, please click to chat with the Zenda team: click here
We also offer flexible payment options to accommodate the needs of parents. For payment related queries, please contact email@example.com
Please find below our bank details for direct transfers:
Account Name: Scholars International Academy Pvt School
Account Number: 012001120431
Bank Name: National Bank of Fujairah
IBAN Number: AE720380000012001120431
Bank Branch: Jebel Ali, Dubai, UAE
SWIFT Code: NBFUAEAFDXB