Foundation Stage 1 – Observant Oryx (3-4 years)
Important goal of the FS1 programme is to help children acquire social skills and to give them the tools they need before school entry.
The FS1 Programme at Early Explorers
Our bespoke learning approach is integrated with the early years foundation stage framework 2021.
The characteristics of effective teaching and learning is in line with our own nursery philosophy of learning through play.
- playing and exploring – children investigate and experience things, and ‘have a go’
- active learning – children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties, and enjoy achievements
- creating and thinking critically – children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas, and develop strategies for doing things
Our enabling environments both indoors and outdoors allow children to actively play and think critically developing the skills they need to become independent thinkers, problem solvers and strong communicators.
All of our focused activities are based on one or more of the 7 areas of learning and development.
- Communication skills
- Physical development
- Personal/social/emotional development
- Understanding of the world
- Mathematics concepts
- Language development
- Expressive Arts and Design
And of course our signature programs which integrates the curiosity approach and elements of forest schools.
Preschool is a big year. We’ve designed our program to give you complete confidence in every aspect of your child’s experience; from health and safety; to ready-for-school curriculum; to the full support of experienced teachers. Just as important, our program is based on what research says best prepares children for kindergarten…and all the big steps ahead.
Safety, security, and cleanliness practices that meet or exceed all state, local, and national guidelines
Our World at Early Explorers curriculum includes preschool Signature Practices that offer hands-on approaches to encourage the skills your child will need in kindergarten and beyond: